The Business Services Department provides on-going responsible fiscal services and guidance to all schools, departments, students, parents and the community with accurate financial reporting and high quality service. We continuously work to improve business processes and procedures while enhancing the educational quality, experience and success of each student and educator we proudly serve in our diverse community.
Assistant Superintendent for Business Services
The Business Office is responsible for the financial operation of the District and the following support/functions:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Budget Preparation and Financial Management
- Benefits Processing
- The Business Services Department holds an Annual Benefits Fair which is the kick-off for Open Enrollment for all insurance programs in the District. We coordinate the open enrollment and enroll all staff in the insurance programs they have chosen. We also process all life event changes throughout the year.
- Major medical (HMO and POS Plans available)
- Dental (employee paid)
- Vision (employee paid)
- Life Insurance ($50,000 District paid)
- Additional Life Insurance (employee paid)
- Purchasing/Inventory Control
- The Business Department oversees the procurement of goods and services from outside vendors in a timely manner at the lowest possible price consistent with the quality requested so that maximum value is obtained. Purchase Orders are processed through an on-line requisition system. The District has a central warehouse store of supplies and materials and a Preferred Vendor Discount Program in place to assist with identifying qualified suppliers. Supplies and materials or work that exceeds $25,000 will comply with District and State law bidding procedures. In addition, we are responsible for inventory control and have procedures in place to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of District property.
- Risk Management
- The Board of Education is committed to the safety and security of all District students, faculty, staff and visitors. All accidents will be investigated thoroughly. The Emergency Preparedness Guide and the Employee Health and Safety Plan support the commitment to prevention, preparedness, response and recovery procedures relevant to natural and human caused disasters. The Incident Command structure will be used in managing all emergencies and school resources will support ongoing training and drills in order to keep up with current needs and expectations.
- First Student Transportation provides the busing services for Kankakee School District. They currently have 58 bus routes and 65 buses. Video cameras are used on all buses to monitor student behavior and promote a safe environment. Parents should contact their child’s building Principal for any busing issues or concerns. The First Student Dispatch Center phone number is 815-933-9412.
| Business Services Department Fax Number: 815-933-7165