Athletic Hall of Fame
The committee shall consist of not less than seven (7) nor more than eleven (11) members. The committee shall include the following representatives from Kankakee High School: Principal and Athletic Director, additional members from the community and school district.
Number of Hall of Fame Members to be Elected Each Year
There shall be a maximum of five (5) selections elected to the Kankakee High School Hall of Fame each year. There shall not be a minimum number of selections.
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Male or female athlete at Eastridge, Westview or Kankakee High School
- Must have been out of high school five years.
- Outstanding athletic accomplishments in one or more sports. The athlete must have been all-conference, or all-area, and/or have received state-wide recognition for his or her athletic accomplishment, where such criteria existed.
- Outstanding character and leadership qualities.
- Successful Participation in college athletics (or professional athletics).
- Contributions to the community.
A nomination form was created using these criteria as a guide.
The special category of the Hall of Fame was established to honor anyone who has made a significant contribution to high school athletics over a number of years. This category might include coaches, administrators, scorers, or media people, for example.
Other criteria to be considered for nomination:
1. Person must be retired and served the school for ten (10) or more years.
2. Coaching accomplishments and record.
4. Contribution to overall athletic program.
5. Booster Club membership.
6. Fundraising participation.
A special nomination form was established for the special category.
Any athlete in the history of the Kankakee High Schools may be nominated. The thirty original members will be retained as charter members, plus the 25 members inducted on December 26, 1984.
Nominations may submitted by anyone. A nomination must be filled out and submitted by the deadline in order to be considered that year. Nominations must include a resume of the athlete's accomplishments (appropriate statistics, etc.) as well as other qualifications.
Special category nominations will follow the same procedure, using a different form.
Nominations are to be submitted to:
Kankakee High School Hall of Fame Committee
C/O Lisa Ferry
1200 West Jeffery Street
Kankakee, IL 60901
Nomination forms are due in to the Athletic Office by December 1 each year for consideration for the next Hall of Fame Induction.
Induction will be during the winter sport season. Inductees will be honored at a banquet
Inductees will be given a plaque to indicate their membership in the Hall of Fame. An identical plaque will be placed along the Hall of Fame Wall in Kankakee High School.